AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Back-to-School

Yes, I realize that it's Memorial Day weekend, and I'm not even out for summer, and yes, just earlier this week I was PRAYING for the summer to get here.  It's amazing what a workout and a long, relaxing--nothing planned weekend can do for you.

Today my husband and I took our kids hiking and geocaching.  It was 94 degrees out---shoulda spent it swimming--but got in a pretty good walk. Then of course, I had to Pinercise.  I've mentioned this before----but in case you missed it:

I can clear my head, and think about back to school things. I am actually excited all over again.  I think Connor (my son) may end up being in my room this year!!  I am looking forward to that!  He used to be so fond (and still is) of the Whack-A-Mole games.  The one that looks like this:

and he also likes the card game that looks like this:

The games above are my inspiration for the Whack-A-Mole games I'm working on.  I posted the Whack-A-Word earlier this week in TpT. You can click the image below to see it. (It's currently on sale--as are all other items in my store--for the Top Teachers Memorial Day SALEabration)


But, as I said, I've got back to school on my brain---so I had to make a Whack-a-Rhyme for next year! :)


You can click the picture above to grab your FREE copy at TpT!  Save it back for next year.  I really think your kids will like it.  I know my kindergartner likes it now! :) 

7 comments:

  1. I love that you pin while exercising! That is cracking me up!

    Mary
    Sharing Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try and read on the treadmill and that never seems to work that long (and my book gets all sweaty). Pinning is downright brilliant. The Whack-A-Mole packs are great. Anything with the word "whack" is right up my kiddos' alley! I am following you!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this game!! I couldn't imagine teaching my own child (if I had one)... that seems like a very brave thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! We always struggle with rhyming words so i'm excited to have a new tool in my bag of tricks.

    Pinercise! I love it! I might try this, but since I run on the treadmill, I don't know how it will work. However, I was on a run in the neighborhood recently and saw a man walking his large dog and holding his IPad up and reading from it! Seriously...

    I'm your newest follower! And I hope you'll check out my new blog!

    Greg
    kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! Love the game, thank you! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its been also stated in some of the earlier statements and surely students in this regard must need to regard every possible fact. best medical schools in us

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews