AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Monday, May 14, 2012

Pin-ercising and Phonics

Yep---Pin-ercising! 

Pin-ercising (verb) to play on Pinterest while exercising, best done on an I-Pad while walking on a treadmill.  DeAnne's workout went much quicker while pin-ercising

It's true though.  I played on Pinterest tonight while walking (granted my arms weren't pumping, but my fingers were getting a workout), and it made my exercising more entertaining.  I'm a fluffy gal y'all.  I like SWEETS, I love CUPCAKES, but apparently those things are also loving my hips, and gut, and hiney---SOOO---to the treadmill we go.

Anyhoo, enough about my weaknesses for chocolate, and lack of motivation for exercise---BLARG!

This week our sound pattern is oi/oy.  Most generally you will find oy at the end of the word with a few exceptions.  It makes the spelling pattern a little easier for my kiddos to learn it this way.  They are enjoying our new Phonics Dance chunks too.  We added oi, oy, and wr to our hunks and chunks as those are the skills for Treasures this week. 

It's been a while since I've posted a picture sort, and I wanted to share the new one with you guys.  Last week, I had a comment from an ANON user asking why I give so many freebies, and if I've heard of Teachers Pay Teachers.  I will answer that question now...when I first started my blog, I started out with freebies, and that is something I will continue to do.  I figure if I can help out another classroom, why not?  Yes, I've heard of Teachers Pay Teachers, and I do have products there, but that doesn't mean I won't continue doing what I've done from the start--which is offering goodies for you here too.  I hope you all enjoy what I post and are able to use what we are doing in our classroom. 

Okay---here's the sort I promised ya. Click an image below to grab you a copy!


The pictures are:
oil, enjoy, coin, soy (beans), decoy, point
cowboy, toy, boil, soil, boy, toilet

Your kiddos will LOVE the toilet--just wait!! 

25 comments:

  1. Thank you! I love using these sorts. It really encourages the kids to think about the words, instead of just looking at the letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I'm glad you're able to use them! Our Treasures series uses word sorts, but it's not as meaningful I don't think.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for continuing to share those freebies! They are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I'm glad you are able to use them! :)

      Delete
  3. Pin-ercising. I like it and I might just have to borrow that :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borrow away----and it really does make the workout go quicker lol ;)

      Delete
  4. I definitely appreciate the free things you post! We just did the oi & oy sound last week but I'm saving it for next year! You're the best! :)

    Tales of An Elementary Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pin-ersizing! Did you pin that? Hehe that'd be a popular pin. So much that I might have to try it!!

    Jessica Stanford
    mrsstanfordsclass.blogspot.com
    I'm hosting my first linky and I'd love for you to join

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL---I should make a little graphic up just to Pin :) Headed to check out your linky! :)

      Delete
  6. You are so funny DeAnne!! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Aww, Kristen, if only you knew how serious I am lol ;)

      Delete
  7. Pin-ercising! HAHA! Awesome! If I had a treadmill and internet connection in the same place I'd be all over this. However, I'm sure I'd fall off the treadmill...so probably a good thing I can't do this. I'm so Addicted to Pinterest. I'd fall off the treadmill for Pinterest...


    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! IT makes a 20-30 minute workout go by SOOO quickly!! I don't think it helps if I'm pinning sweet treats while walking though....ohh well! :)

      Delete
  8. THANK YOU for the freebie. I sure do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DeAnne~ I love that you call it hunks and chunks! What do you do for phonics dances? They sound like a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use Ginny Dowd's program called the Phonics Dance. Here's a link to her work:
      http://www.phonicsdance.com/files/The_Phonics_Dance_Philosophy.pdf

      I truly love it!! It's a great way to get the kids to learn their digraphs, vowel teams, diphthongs, and words inside of words. (hunks and chunks). :)

      Delete
  10. I love Pin-ercising!!! Too funny! Thanks for the freebies....so glad you use Treasures too!! I agree with you that the sorts that come with the series aren't as good as yours!! They give the words....so the kids don't have to really listen to the words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for the nice comment about my sorts Linda. As for Pin-ercising---it makes something dreadful (would rather veg in front of my computer lol) go much quicker! ;)

      Delete
  11. I love this freebie. I am going to use it this week. Thanks! I popped over from A Teacher's Treasure giveaway to say hi but I am already a follower :)
    Pamela
    pfulk@cox.net
    First Class Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela.....glad you popped over!! I LOVE Mor's giveaway right now----as well as all her ideas. She's AWESOME! :)

      Delete
  12. I love to pinercise! I'm a new follower via A Teacher's Treasure giveaway!

    Allie
    the-gypsy-teacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I appreciate your Freebies! Thanks! You are right the kids will love toilet! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has been pretty important for the students and other regarded bodies to regard about all those factors as explained here and hopefully for the future it will lay a good foundation. thesis editing

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews