AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year (and a freebie)

Let's Talk New Year's Resolutions...do you have any?
Do you make them about losing weight? 
Do you make them for others?
Do you feel you don't need them?
Do you make them and then don't follow through?
Well, whatever type of person you are--I wish you a VERY Happy New Year!
As for me--I have made Resolutions before, usually humorous, but never life changing.
I feel that my life is going okay.  Sure I can say that I'm going to make a fresh start, but I get that opportunity each and every day that the good Lord decides to wake me up. I'm just grateful that he allowed me to ring in a new year again with my wonderful family.  I am blessed in so many ways.  There are always things I can wish and hope for, but at the end of my day I have a healthy family, a roof over my head, and jobs that provide me with money to pay my bills.  For that, I'm very fortunate!



Okay, moving on to school stuff *sigh*
I know, right?  Some of my friends go back TOMORROW.  
I am lucky enough to at least have a few extra days.
Downfall.....I've been out of school since December 9th.  
That was my last working day before break--between a snow day,  being out due to Connor's tonsils being removed, and Christmas break--I haven't worked since the 9th.  
Say a prayer for me....it's going to be ROUGH!
But, with God all things are Possible!!  

At least I get to start New Year off with this:
You can see it on TpT by clicking HERE!

My kids have already been introduced to the letter E.
I call him a BULLY (BULL-E) or Meanie (MEAN-E) 
because he pinches the vowels and makes them scream out their name.  
Okay, so it's not the most "friendly" of teachings, but friends, it WORKS! 

So this pack will be great for morning work, intervention or homework.
One of my parents likes me to send these sheets home for extra practice for her son, so she likes them too!  Want to see if it will work for your kiddos?
Here's a sample page from one of the stories you can test out with your kiddos. 
Just click on the image. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D5Bsh09DJKcjZTMEdyT2dlRU0/edit?usp=sharing

But that's all I've done as I've been a little unmotivated lately.
Friends that have just started blogging and selling, and friends that have been doing it for a while and feel that you're not quite getting there, there's a reason those top sellers are top sellers. I'm not saying that you don't put your time and effort into it, but I don't think I dedicate as much as my time to it as they do.  I admire them for that.  It's hard though when you have a family, and other interests to keep up with teaching, creating, 
blogging and everything else life hands you.
 For anyone in that little boat I'm talking about--check out this quote:
Because you know, we are ALL AWESOME AMAZING individuals and thank the Lord above that  your kiddos have YOU for their teacher!!

Okay, now back to what I was saying about other interests..
Yes, we all know I want a bakery...but only God will know if and when that's meant to be--until then I started a busy mommy blog.
or I have a FB page for that too. 

So I guess my interests are just all over the place right now. 
Maybe I shouldn't say I'm not motivated---
although I did want to do a math unit today and this is all I completed:

Luckily I made some things last year that will get me back on track for school next week. 
First up, January Journal Prompts.
And how about a sample freebie 
(Again click the image below to grab yourself the freebie)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3D5Bsh09DJKSjZGQ1AzNkJWdVU/edit

I also have a math and literacy pack.



The great thing...my store is on sale for a few more hours (ends at midnight 1/1/2014) if you are interested in stopping by and checking one of these resources out.  Let me make your transition back to work EASIER! :) 

Finally, thank you all for supporting me through 2013.  
When I say supporting me, I mean leaving me blog comments, leaving sweet feedback on TpT (free or paid), liking posts on FB, commenting on FB--you make this blogging gal happy!!  Thank you again for all the support!!  May you have a blessed 2014!!

5 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for the well wishes! You do have a LOT on your plate! Be happy & here's to a great 2014! Wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. I love your Reading Detective packets (okay so I love all of your stuff) and I purchased your latest one today. I will be heading out to school next week to print. I have off until January 13th. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I always enjoy reading your posts! :) I can't imagine the top sellers working any harder than you do, the difference is all of their work is focused just on school stuff. I doubt they are running a bakery out of their home too. Hope 2014 is full of wonderful things for you and your family.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited about your new detective pack! I have your first two and I am heading over to TpT now to get #3!!
    Marcy
    marcy_sundling@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to try those reading detective packs! Not sure how or when to squeeze them in though :(
    Dirt Road Teacher

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews